Saturday, July 24, 2010

good morning!

peeking out
This morning I went outside to snip off the faded blooms from my patch of daisies
early enough that it wasn't yet too hot & humid.  It must've rained in the wee hours because everything was dripping wet.  Tidying up like this gave me a special gift - the chance to notice the tiny new daisies, just opening up and stretching toward the sun.  The colors are so pure!  The whitest whites, better than a brand new t-shirt, and the yellow so-yellow it looks like wet paint!  I called my boys over to take a look, and my youngest noticed the small petal just forming, as if it was a bit late to the game.  This is one of the things I love best about the slow pace of summer vacation, not only having the time to notice a beautiful, simple thing like a new daisy, but also having the time to share it with my boys.   

No comments:

Post a Comment